Manx Biomed understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared and we do not sell your data to third parties.
Our Site, www.manxbiomed.im, is operated on behalf of Manx Biomed by Manx Business Connection, a member of Manx Technology Group Limited a limited company registered in the Isle of Man, Company Number 110266C, whose registered address is Minerva House, Ballafletcher Rd, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM4 4QJ. Our VAT number is GB004925592.
Any personal or corporate data you provide through this website is only used for the purpose(s) for which it was provided or requested. It is never sold to or shared with any other third party.
Purpose of Data Processing (Privacy Information)
To advise relevant contacts of news, stories and events about biomed activities on the Isle of Man and globally that would be relevant to their interest in Manx Biomed, as expressed by having previously expressed an interest in receiving information from Manx Biomed. This activity is categorised as ‘advertising, marketing and public relations’ by the ICO. Manx Biomed both processes this information itself and may use third party agencies who process/use the data on behalf of Manx Biomed. We do not share data with third parties for the processor’s own use. We do not sell data for use by third parties. Personal data may be submitted via our website, however our website does not retain personal data. Personal data may include, name, email address, telephone numbers and organisational address. Additional non-personal data is collected where appropriate such as IP address, netblock, geolocation, details on technology used and business intentions. Data subjects can request removal or request information about the source and detail of personal data held at any time by contacting email@example.com, calling +44 1624 640400, or by post to The Data Controller, Minerva House, Ballafletcher Rd, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM4 4QJ. Manx Biomed will respond within the legal time frames (within one month of receipt of a request).
Legitimate Interest Assessment Statement
Manx Biomed is an association managing and administering activities on behalf of the Island's biomed cluster. Our contacts are individuals and individuals within organisations who have expressed an interest in Manx Biomed activities. Manx Biomed contact relevant individuals through email at their workplace which is a proportionate way of contacting this audience. Manx Biomed has considered ‘the balancing test’ and has taken into account the nature of the data being processed: names, organisational details, email and telephone numbers. It would be reasonable for these individuals to expect that they may receive marketing communications as they had previously opted in to receive communications. Manx Biomed considers the impact of these communications is likely to be minimal. In all instances, you will have the option to opt-out at any time. We may still be required to send you relevant information that is factual, transactional or service related, in connection with any activity that Manx Biomed is currently providing to you or your business.
Data Retention Periods
Manx Biomed will hold personal data as long as the individual wishes to receive communications from Manx Biomed. Individuals and companies who have opted out of communications will not receive further communications from Manx Biomed, however, limited personal details (typically email addresses will remain on an ‘opt out’ file to ensure they are not inadvertently contacted. Manx Biomed will review data retention periods on an on-going basis.
- Right to be informed - Manx Biomed have prepared a Privacy Information Statement which outlines the purpose and process of data processing along with how an individual can request information about data held. (See above).
- Right of access - See our Privacy Information Statement of details on how to access personal data held, including our Purpose of Processing Statement.
- Right to rectification - An individual can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing, or via email.
- Right to erasure - Upon request and subject to validation, we will remove all personal data held from our systems.
- Right to restrict processing - Upon request and subject to validation, we will cease to process personal data.
- Right to object - Upon request and subject to validation, we will cease to process personal data. Our communications contain explicit opt outs.
- Right not to be the subject of automated decision-making - We do not undertake any automated decision-making, nor undertake any personal profiling.
be immediately posted on our site. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.
Last updated 22/05/2018